Thursday 20 April 2017

REFLECTION VITAMIN C AND MAGIC WRITING

REFLECTION VITAMIN C AND MAGIC WRITING

MUHAMMAD FARIS BIN ISMAIL SAZEMI      D20141067089

In this experiment, we were ought to determine the vitamin C content in the food that we everyday eat. All of 11 groups in our class doing the same experiment. The consequences is, the apparatus is not enough for all the groups. For example, when we have blendered the food sample, we need to filter the extract to execute the waste, but at the end, we have to wait a little longer until we are able to use the cheesecloth. From that, it teaches me to become a very patience person because there are several groups that stood in front of me to use the filter cloth. In addition, I were taught during the experiment to work fast and efficient. This is due to the Jumaat prayer that I need to perform. The experiment were done on Friday, so in order to attend the prayer, I must complete the lab project very fast, if not, and I will cause the trouble to two my groupmates.

MAYURIE PHUTHARANT A/P SURIN    D20141067078

In this experiment on Vitamin C analysis, we get to know many different kind of food which contains a lot of vitamin. It made me realize the importance of consuming different kinds of meals for a balanced diet. The way we feed our body is a reflection of our relationship with ourselves and others.

There are some errors occur in our experiment. Hence our results turn out to be differing from theoretically value. I think I still have a lot need to be improved. I believed that handling materials and apparatus with care will help us to prevent a lot of errors in experiment. A few errors might be acceptable as long as it doesn’t affect the result a lot.

I did self-reflection for my personal work on experiment before this. I think I have enough positivity and passion on team work. What I need to improve is to exchange ideas and speak out more. Last but not least, cooperation among teammates is the key to our success.

NUR AFIQAH SYAHMINA BT MOHD KAMAL            D20141067091

Assalamualaikum and hello everyone, today experiment is about measuring Vitamin C using the starch. It was really fun experiment to do. For this experiment, we use 5 different type of foods which is orange, lemon, papaya, broccoli, rice and flower. We need to measure vitamin C in each type of food using the starch-iodine test. I never know that the iodine can be reacted with vitamin C. To measure the vitamin C in each foods, we titrated the iodine into the foods sample and wait until the sample become bluish-black colour. Then the volume of iodine was taken and by using the formula we will get the volume of vitamin C in the foods. This because when the food sample change into bluish-black colour, it mean there are not any vitamin C that can be reacted with iodine and the iodine will react with starch, that why the colour change into bluish-black colour. I really learn a lot during the process doing this experiment and also like to thanks to our instructor for helping my group member and me during this experiment.
Thank You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PROTIEN (AMENDED)

DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY FACULTY OF SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS UNIVERSITI PENDIDIKAN SULTAN IDRIS SBK3013 PRINCIPLE IN BIOC...